Beggars of life / a Paramount Picture ; Adolph Zukor and Jesse L. Lasky present ; a William A. Wellman production ; adapted & supervised by Benjamin Glazer ; directed by William A. Wellman.
- New York, NY : Kino Classics, 
1 videodisc (82 min.) : silent, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (10 pages : illustrations ; 19 cm)
- Tully, Jim -- Film adaptations.
Teenage girls -- Drama.
Fugitives from justice -- Drama.
Tramps -- Drama.
Homeless children -- Drama.
Impersonation -- Drama.
Fugitives from justice.
- Silent film with English intertitles.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo.
digital optical stereo Dolby Digital 2.0
full screen (1.33:1)
video file DVD video region 1
- After escaping her treacherous step-father, a girl tries to escape the country with a young vagabond. She dresses as a boy, they hop freight trains, quarrel with a group of hobos, and steal a car in their attempt to escape the police, and reach Canada.
- Wallace Beery, Louise Brooks, Richard Arlen, Robert Perry, Roscoe Karns, Edgar Washington.
- Director of photography, Henry Gerrard; editor, Alyson Shaffer.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1928.
Based on Beggars of life / by Jim Tully.
Includes an accompanying score compiled and performed by the Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra.
"This is a digital reproduction of a 35mm film preserved by the George Eastman Museum"--Opening screen.
Special features: 2 audio commentaries, one with William Wellman, Jr., and one with Thomas Gladysz, founding director of the Louise Brooks Society; booklet essay by Nick Pinkerton.
- Wellman, William A., 1896-1975, film director, film producer.
Lasky, Jesse L., 1880-1958, presenter.
Zukor, Adolph, 1873-1976, presenter.
Glazer, Benjamin F. (Benjamin Floyer), 1887-1956, screenwriter.
Beery, Wallace, actor.
Brooks, Louise, 1906-1985, actor.
Arlen, Richard, 1900-1976, actor.
Paramount Famous Lasky Corporation, film production company.
Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra, composer (expression), performer.
Kino Lorber, Inc., publisher.
- Publisher Number:
K21701 Kino Lorber
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|