Carmen Widonis - the first history of the Norman Conquest / transcription and translation of the Carmen Widonis, with commentary by Kathleen Tyson.
- Other Title:
- First history of the Norman Conquest
- [United States] : Granularity Ltd.,  , ©2018
viii, 230 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 28 cm
- Wido, Bishop of Amiens, -1075? Carmen de Hastingae Proelio.
Hastings, Battle of, England, 1066 -- Poetry.
Epic poetry, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Translations into English.
Great Britain -- History -- William I, 1066-1087 -- Poetry.
Great Britain -- History -- William I, 1066-1087.
- Medieval Latin and English on opposite pages; introduction, notes, and commentaries in English.
- "This is a new 2018 transcription and translation of the earliest and most complete account of the Norman Conquest accompanied by well-researched commentary that challenges many assumptions about the motivations, warfare, geography and consequences"--Title page.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Container of: Wido, Bishop of Amiens, -1075? Carmen de Hastingae Proelio.
Container of: Wido, Bishop of Amiens, -1075? Carmen de Hastingae Proelio. English.