When groups meet : the dynamics of intergroup contact / Thomas F. Pettigrew and Linda R. Tropp.
- New York, N.Y. : Psychology Press, 2011.
- Essays in social psychology.
Essays in social psychology
1 online resource (321 p.)
- Intergroup relations.
- Electronic books.
- Research and theory on intergroup contact have become one of the fastest advancing and most exciting fields in social psychology in recent years. The work is exciting because it combines basic social psychological concerns -- human interaction, situational influences on behavior -- with an effective means of improving intergroup relations at a time when the world is witnessing widespread intergroup hatred and strife.This volume provides an overview of this rapidly progressing area of investigation - its origins and early work, its current status and recent developments, along with cr
- When groups meet the dynamics of intergroup contact; Copyright; Contents; Preface; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1 The Origins of Intergroup Contact Theory; Chapter 2 Does Intergroup Contact Typically Reduce Intergroup Prejudice?; Chapter 3 Do Intergroup Contact Effects Generalize?; Chapter 4 Are the Effects of Intergroup Contact Universal?; Chapter 5 When Does Intergroup Contact Reduce Prejudice?; Chapter 6 How Does Intergroup Contact Reduce Prejudice?; Chapter 7 Does Intergroup Contact Reduce All Aspects of Prejudice?
Chapter 8 Does Cross-Group Friendship Play a Special Role in Reducing Prejudice?Chapter 9 Does Group Status Moderate Contact Effects?; Chapter 10 Intergroup Contact as One of Many Predictors of Prejudice; Chapter 11 Criticisms of Intergroup Contact Theory; Chapter 12 When Intergroup Contact Fails; Chapter 13 Summing Up and Looking to the Future; Appendix A Bibliography of Research Papers in the Intergroup Contact Meta-Analysis; Appendix B Item Wordings for Variables Used in Analyses of German Survey Data; References; Author Index; Subject Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Tropp, Linda R.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203826461 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|