Community justice [electronic resource] / Todd R. Clear, John R. Hamilton, Jr. and Eric Cadora.
- 2nd ed.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2011.
1 online resource (167 p.)
- Community policing -- United States.
Community-based corrections -- United States.
Criminal justice, Administration of -- United States.
Neighborhood justice centers -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- Community Justice discusses concepts of community within the context of justice policy and programs, and addresses the important relationship between the criminal justice system and the community in the USA.Taking a bold stance in the criminal justice debate, this book argues that crime management is more effective through the use of informal (as opposed to formal) social control. It demonstrates how an increasing number of criminal justice elements are beginning to understand that the development of partnerships within the community that enhance informal social control will
- Book Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; Preface; 1 Criminal justice and the community; 2 Policing and community justice; 3 The courts and community justice; 4 Corrections and community justice; 5 The future of community justice; Appendix: Community justice as a strategy: how CASES makes it work; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Cadora, Eric.
Hamilton, John R. Jr.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|