Turkey's accession to the European Union [electronic resource] : the politics of exclusion / Edel Hughes.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Routledge research in EU law.
Routledge research in EU law
1 online resource (211 p.)
- European Union -- Turkey.
Treaties -- Accession.
Turkey -- Politics and government -- 21st century.
- Electronic books.
- Turkey's accession to the European Union is undoubtedly one of the Union's most contested potential enlargements. The narrative that dominates the debate surrounding this issue primarily relates to problems such as a lack of respect for fundamental human rights in Turkey, the Kurdish question and the continuing stalemate concerning northern Cyprus. This book looks at these issues, but also proposes that a review of Turkey's experience with the EU in its numerous incarnations suggests that these concerns may mask a deeper disquiet. Whilst there are several questions that Turkey must a
- Book Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; Foreword; Acknowledgements; Table of cases; European Union documentation; Treaties; Introduction; 1 Weighing history: Turkey's path to accession; 2 A rights-based approach?; 3 Cyprus v. Turkey; 4 Lifting the veil; Conclusion; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 177-191) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|