Assessing regional integration in Africa. VIII, Bringing the Continental Free Trade Area about.
- Other Title:
- Assessing regional integration in Africa 8
Bringing the Continental Free Trade Area about
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia : Publications Section, Economic Commission for Africa,  , ©2017
- Government document
xii, 156 pages : illustrations, maps ; 28 cm
- Free trade -- Africa.
Customs unions -- Africa.
Africa -- Economic integration.
Regionalism -- Africa.
International economic integration.
- The establishment of the Continental Free Trade Area (CFTA) is a major milestone in the long march of African integration. As foreseen in the Treaty Establishing the African Economic Community (commonly known as the Abuja Treaty), which entered into force in 1994, the integration process is to culminate in the African Economic Community. A review of the current status of Africa's economic integration is the subject of Chapter 2. The CFTA aspires to liberalize trade between African countries across the continent and to build on the considerable successes already achieved within Africa's regional economic communities (RECs). By doing so, the CFTA is set to facilitate intra-African trade; foster regional value chains that can facilitate integration into the global economy; and energize industrialization, competitiveness and innovation-- and thereby contribute to African economic and social progress and development.
- "African Union, ECA, African Development Bank Group."
"The report was prepared under the overall guidance of Abdallah Hamdok, ECA Deputy Executive Secretary and Chief Economist, with oversight by Stephen Karingi, Ofcer-in-Charge, Regional Integration and Trade Division. The core team preparing the Report consisted of David Luke, Coordinator of ECA's African Trade Policy Centre (ATPC) and Jamie MacLeod, ATPC Trade Policy Fellow."
"Sales No.: E.17.II.K.4"--Title page verso.
"Print ISSN: 2411-8192."
Includes bibliographical references.
- United Nations. Economic Commission for Africa, issuing body.
African Union, issuing body.
African Development Bank, issuing body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|