Whom to marry and how to get married.
- Other Title:
- Whom to marry and how to get married or, The adventures of a lady in search of a good husband : by one who has refused "twenty excellent offers at least." ; illustrated by Cruikshank
- Philadelphia : Carey & Hart 126 Chestnut Street. ... , 1848.
pages 25-40 : illustration ; 25 cm
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Name of author(s) are not mentioned. Text usually attributed to Horace Mayhew and Augustus Mayhew.
At head of cover title: "Part 2. (To be completed in six parts.) Price 6 1/4 cts.", with, "New Work by the Author of "Greatest Plague of Life".
Additional publication information on cover as: "... For Sale by Burgess, Stringer & Co., W.H. Graham, and Berford & Co., N. York; Redding & Co., Boston ; W. Taylor & Co. and N. Hickman, Baltimore; M.P. Morse, Pittsburg, Pa.; J.B. Steel, J.C. Morgan, and B.M. Norman, New Orleans; M. Boullemet, Mobile; Robinson & Jones, Cincinnati; G.W. Noble, Louisville, Ky., Charles Marshall, Lexington, Ky.; E.K. Woodward and W.D Skillman, St. Louis."
Illustrated title page with: "Blind man's Bluff beneath illustration.
Text in two columns.
Contains publishers' advertisements on front and back covers.
- Penn Chronology:
- Mayhew, Augustus, 1826-1875, co-author.
Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878, illustrator.
Carey & Hart, publisher.