Best tall buildings : CTBUH international award winning projects.
- Other Title:
- At head of title for <2015->: CTBUH Awards
- Chicago : Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat ; Burlington, MA : Elsevier/Architectural Press, -
volumes : illustrations ; 27 cm
Began with 2008.
- Tall buildings -- Awards -- Periodicals.
Architecture, Modern -- 20th century -- Awards -- Periodicals.
Architecture, Modern -- 21st century -- Awards -- Periodicals.
Architecture, Modern -- Awards.
- The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) is the world's foremost authority on tall buildings. 'Best Tall Buildings' chronicles the annual awards process, in which the CTBUH recognises outstanding tall buildings and design innovations that advance the potential of integrated sustainability, economic productivity, and social prosperity in cities across the world. More than an awards book, this volume serves as a global overview of tall building construction and activity in a given year, providing an in-depth description of the buildings' design and significance, accompanied by stunning images, detailed drawings, and plans. This book provides fascinating and inspiring reading for all those interested in the planning, design, and construction of tall buildings. CTBUH bestows 11 awards annually, four of which are given to buildings in various geographical regions: Americas, Asia & Australasia, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. The title of overall Best Tall Building Worldwide is then presented to one of the four regional winners at the annual CTBUH Awards Symposium and Ceremony. 0Additionally, the Urban Habitat Award recognises significant contributions to the urban realm, in connection with tall buildings. The 10 Year Award recognises proven value and performance - across one or more of a wide range of criteria - after a building has been complete and in operation for a decade. The Innovation Award recognises a specific area of recent innovation in the tall building industry that has been incorporated into the design of, or significantly tested in, the construction, operation, or refurbishment of a tall building project. The Performance Award recognises a building with proven value and performance over a minimum of three years. The CTBUH also gives two annual Lifetime Achievement Awards to individuals who have made significant contributions to the design or technical advancement of tall buildings.
- Subtitle varies.
Published in conjunction with the Council of Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) and the Illinois Institute of Technology, <2010-2013>.
Description based on: 2008; title from title page.
Latest issue consulted: 2016.
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, issuing body.
Illinois Institute of Technology, issuing body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|