Greek homosexuality [electronic resource] / K.J. Dover.
- Updated and with a new postcript.
- London, England : Bloomsbury Academic, 2016. , ©2016
- Classical Studies & Archaeology 2016
1 online resource (336 pages)
- Homosexuality -- Greece -- History.
Homosexuality -- Law and legislation -- Greece -- History.
Homosexuality in art -- History.
Homosexuality in literature -- History.
Greece -- Civilization -- To 146 B.C.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- data file
- Cover; Half-title; Title; Copyright; Contents; Foreword: The Book and its Author; Foreword: The Book and its Influence; Preface; Abbreviations; I Problems, Sources and Methods; 1 Scale; 2 The Visual Arts; 3 Literature; 4 Vocabulary; II The Prosecution of Timarkhos; A The Law; 1 Male Prostitution; 2 Penalties; 3 Status; 4 Hubris; B Manifestations of Eros; 1 Defences against a Charge of Prostitution; 2 Eros and Desire; 3 Eros and Love; 4 Following and Fighting; 5 Homosexual Poetry; C Nature and Society; 1 Natural Impulse; 2 Male and Female Physique; 3 Masculine and Feminine Styles
4 Pursuit and Flight5 Courtship and Copulation; 6 Dominant and Subordinate Roles; III Special Aspects and Developments; A Publicity; B Predilections and Fantasies; C Comic Exploitation; D Philosophical Exploitation; E Women and Homosexuality; IV Changes; A The Dorians; B Myth and History; Postscript, 1989; List of Vases; Bibliography; Index of Greek Texts and Documents; Index of Greek Words; General Index; Plate Section
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Print version record.
- Halliwell, Stephen, writer of introduction.
Masterson, Mark, writer of introduction.
Robson, James, writer of introduction.
- Other format:
- Print version: Dover, Kenneth James. Greek homosexuality.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|