Flash Gordon / Universal presents ; screenplay, Frederick Stephani, George Plympton, Basil Dickey, Ella O'Neill, Wyndham Gittens, Norman S. Hall, Ray Trampe, Herbert Dalmas, Barry Shipman ; a Henry MacRae production ; directed by Frederick Stephani, Ford Beebe, Robert Hill, Ray Taylor.
- [Place of publication not identified] : Hearst Entertainment ; Chatsworth, CA : Distributed by Image Entertainment, ©2000.
4 videodiscs (818 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Raymond, Alex, 1909-1956 -- Film adaptations.
Gordon, Flash (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
Space travel -- Drama.
Gordon, Flash (Fictitious character)
- Action and adventure films.
Science fiction films.
Science fiction films.
Action and adventure films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital mono.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
full screen (1.33:1)
video file DVD video region 1
- Disc 1: A mysterious planet comes hurtling through space and threatens to destroy the Earth. Flash Gordon blasts off to the planet Mongo with Dr. Hans Zarkov and Dale Arden, where he battles Ming the Merciless, Hawkmen, Lionmen, sacred Gockos, orangaphoids, melting rays, sky cities, rocket fleets, atom furnaces, and tournaments of death in order to rescue our world from impending doom. Disc 2 & 3: To save the earth from destruction by a giant ray lamp, Flash Gordon and friends travel to Mars, where they battle and eventually overcome their mortal enemy, Ming the Merciless. This early science fiction film features flying Martians, spaceship battalions, clay people who ooze from cave walls, a light bridge, and other special effects. Disc 4: The earth is dying! A rocket over the planet is dropping a purple dust into the atmosphere, causing instant death! Flash Gordon and his companions head back to Mongo, the source of the plague. Upon landing, Flash discovers that none other than their arch enemy, Ming the Merciless, is the madman behind the carnage. He also learns of Polarite--the antidote which can only be found in Frigia. Flash and his companions head for Frigia pursued by Ming's soldiers.
- Disc 1. Space soldiers. chapter 1: The planet of Peril ; chapter 2: The tunnel of terror ; chapter 3: Captured by Shark Men ; chapter 4: Battling the sea beast ; chapter 5: The destroying ray ; chapter 6: Flaming torture ; chapter 7: Shattering doom ; chapter 8: Tournament of death ; chapter 9: Fighting the fire dragon ; chapter 10: The unseen peril ; chapter 11: In the claws of the Tigron ; chapter 12: Trapped in the turret ; chapter 13: Rocketing to Earth
Disc 2. & Disc 3. Flash Gordon's trip to Mars. chapter 1: New worlds to conquer ; chapter 2: The living dead ; chapter 3: Queen of Magic ; chapter 4: Ancient enemies ; chapter 5: The boomerang ; chapter 6: Three men of Mars ; chapter 7: The prisoner of Mongo ; chapter 8: The black sapphire of Kalu ; chapter 9: Symbol of death ; chapter 10: Increase of forgetfulness ; chapter 11: Human bait ; chapter 12: Ming the Merciless ; chapter 13: The miracle of magic ; chapter 14: A beast at bay ; chapter 15: An eye for an eye
Disc 4. Flash Gordon conquers the universe. chapter 1: The purple death ; chapter 2: Freezing torture ; chapter 3: Walking bombs ; chapter 4: The destroying ray ; chapter 5: The palace of terror ; chapter 6: Flaming death ; chapter 7: The land of the dead ; chapter 8: The fiery abyss ; chapter 9: The pool of peril ; chapter 10: The death mist ; chapter 11: Stark treachery ; chapter 12: Doom of the dictator.
- Larry (Buster) Crabbe, Jean Rogers, Priscilla Lawson, Charles Middleton, Frank Shannon, Beatrice Roberts, Carol Hughes, Anne Gwynne.
- Photography, Jerome Ash, Richard Fryer, William Sickner; editors, Saul Goodkind, Alvin Todd.
- Title from disc label and container.
Based on the comic strip by Alex Raymond.
Container erroneously lists this as "3 DVD set."
Videodisc release of three full serials. Flash Gordon space soldiers originally issued in 1936 in thirteen episodes; Flash Gordon's trip to Mars originally issued in 1938 in fifteen episodes; Flash Gordon conquers the universe originally issued in 1940 in twelve episodes.
- Crabbe, Buster, 1908-1983, actor.
Rogers, Jean, 1916-1991, actor.
Lawson, Priscilla, 1914-1958, actor.
Middleton, Charles B., 1879-1949, actor.
Shannon, Frank, 1874-1959, actor.
Roberts, Beatrice, 1905-1970, actor.
Hughes, Carol, 1910-1995, actor.
Gwynne, Anne, 1918-2003, actor.
Stephani, Frederick, screenwriter.
Plympton, George H., actor.
Dickey, Basil, 1880-1958, actor.
O'Neill, Ella, actor.
Gittens, Wyndham, screenwriter.
Hall, Norman S. (Norman Shannon), screenwriter.
Trampe, Ray, 1911-1974, screenwriter.
Dalmas, Herbert (Herbert Addison), screenwriter.
Shipman, Barry, 1912-1994, screenwriter.
MacRae, Henry, 1876-1944, film producer.
Beebe, Ford, film director.
Hill, Robert, 1886-1966, film director.
Taylor, Ray, 1888-1952, film director.
Image Entertainment (Firm), publisher.
Hearst Entertainment (Firm), publisher.
Universal Pictures Company.
- Space soldiers.
Flash Gordon's trip to Mars.
Flash Gordon conquers the universe.
- Publisher Number:
ID9789HEDVD Image Entertainment
ID8961HEDVD Image Entertainment
ID8962HEDVD Image Entertainment
ID8963HEDVD Image Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|