Namenstempel auf römischen Reibschüsseln (mortaria) aus Deutschland / Stefan F. Pfahl.
- Augsburg : Wissner,  , ©2018
- Augsburger Beiträge zur Archäologie; 8.
Augsburger Beiträge zur Archäologie ; 8
- Pottery, Roman -- Germany -- History -- Sources.
Mortars -- Marks -- Catalogs.
Germany -- Antiquities, Roman.
- Grinding bowls (mortaria) were indispensable in Roman cuisine and are often found in archaeological finds. However, little is known about their producers. This work, for the first time, presents a comprehensive compilation and evaluation of the pottery name stamps on mortaria from German localities and shows that the largest number of name stamps comes from the Raetic provincial capital Aelia Augusta (Augsburg). With the systematic analysis of the stamp forms, the localization of workshops, and a detailed catalog and panel section, this work presents itself as a foundational work for this hitherto neglected source genre of the economic history of the 1st to 3rd century AD.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 114-132) and indexes.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|