Jambo means Hello : Swahili alphabet book / by Muriel Feelings ; pictures by Tom Feelings.
- Other Title:
- Swahili alphabet book
- [1st Pied Piper print.]
- New York : Dial Books for Young Readers, [1981, c1974].
- Conference Name:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Pied Piper book.
A Pied Piper book
 unnumbered pages : illustrations, map ; 21 x 27 cm
- Swahili language -- Alphabet -- Juvenile literature.
Swahili language -- Dictionaries, Juvenile.
Africa, Eastern -- Social life and customs -- Juvenile literature.
- Childrens subjects:
- Swahili language -- Alphabet.
Africa, East -- Social life and customs.
- Presents a word, with English translation, for each of the twenty-four letters in the Swahili alphabet. Brief explanation of each word introduces an East African custom.
- Published in hardcover edition by Dial Books for Young Readers 1974.
"First Pied Piper Printing 1981"
"The purpose of this book is to introduce the reader to Swahili words."--Introduction.
Caldecott Honor Book, 1975.
ALA Notable, 1974.
Boston Globe/Horn Book Award for Illustration, 1974.
School Library Journal's Best Books of 1974.
Winner, Biennial of Illustrations, Bratislava, 1974.
Kirkus Choice, 1974
IRA-CBC Children's Choices, 1974.
AIGA Bias-Free Illustration Show, 1975.
Child Study Association Books of the Year, 1974.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy cover illustrations contains "Caldecott Honor Book" sticker on front.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Feelings, Tom, illustrator.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0803744285 (pbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|