Thunder Rose / Jerdine Nolen ; illustrated by Kadir Nelson.
- [1st ed.]
- Orlando ; San Diego ; New York : Silver Whistle/Harcourt, Inc., .
 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 32 cm.
- Tall tales -- Juvenile fiction.
African Americans -- Juvenile fiction.
- Childrens subjects:
- Tall tales.
African Americans -- Fiction.
West (U.S.) -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Florida Orlando.
United States California San Diego.
United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Unusual from the day she is born, Thunder Rose performs all sorts of amazing feats, including building fences, taming a stampeding herd of steers, capturing a gang of rustlers, and turning aside a tornado.
- "Silver Whistle is a trademark of Harcourt, Inc., registered in the United States of America and/or other jurisdictions."
"The art was prepared with oil, watercolor, and pencil."
"The display lettering was created by Jane Dill."
"The text type was set in Meridien Medium."
"Designed by Judythe Sieck."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copies 1 & 2 presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copies 1 & 2: dustjackets retained.
Banks Collection copy 1 has undeciperable autograph dated 6/5/04.
Banks Collection copies 1 & 2 have 3 illustrated color posters each (for promotional use only ISBN 0152049819) laid in.
Banks Collection copies have "Reinforced trade binding".
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Nelson, Kadir, illustrator.
Sieck, Judythe, designer.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0152164723 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|