This is my song : a collection of gospel music for the family / [compiled and annotated] by Vy Higginsen ; pictures by Brenda Joysmith ; musical arrangements by Wesley Naylor.
- 1st edition
- New York : Crown Publishers, Inc., 1995. , ©1995
- Musical score
1 score (95 pages) : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Sacred songs -- Juvenile.
- Gospel music.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Thirty gospel standards are collected and presented with musical arrangements, chronicling the birth of gospel from the "Negro folk spiritual" in 1930's Chicago to the present.
- Jesus loves me
Jesus lifted me
He's got the whole world in his hands
Ev'ry time I feel de spirit
It's me (Standing in the need of prayer)
Glory, glory, hallelujah
Down by the riverside
Swing low, sweet chariot
I shall not be moved
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen
When the saints go marching in
What a friend
Doxology (Praise God)
Do Lord remember me
It is well with my soul
Just a little talk with Jesus
We'll understand it better by and by
I need thee every hour
Praise him, all ye little children
God is good
Oh how I love Jesus
This little light of mine
I'm so glad
- "Text copyright ©1995 by Vy Higginson"--verso of title page.
"Illustrations copyright ©1995 by Brenda Joysmith"--verso of title page.
"Hand-set music and music calligraphy by Christina T. Davidson"--verso of title page.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy retains dust jacket.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Higginsen, Vy, compiler.
Joysmith, Brenda, illustrator.
Naylor, Wesley, arranger.
Davidson, Christina T., music copyist.
Crown Publishers, publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|