Amazing grace : the story of the hymn / Linda Granfield ; illustrated by Janet Wilson.
- [Toronto, Ontario : Published in Canada by Tundra Books ; Plattsburgh, N.Y. : Published in the United States by Tundra Books of Northern New York, ©1997.]
 unnumbered pages : color illustrations, music ; 21 x 27 cm
- Newton, John, 1725-1807 -- Juvenile literature.
Amazing grace (Hymn) -- Juvenile literature.
Church of England -- Clergy -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
Newton, John, 1725-1807.
Church of England.
Amazing grace (Hymn)
Hymn writers -- England -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
Slave traders -- England -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
Clergy -- England -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Childrens subjects:
- Newton, John, 1725-1807.
- Place of Publication:
- Ontario Toronto.
United States New York (State) Plattsburgh.
- Describes the events of the life of John Newton as a captain aboard a slave trade vessel and later as a clergyman that led to his writing the well-loved hymn, "Amazing Grace."
- "Design: Sari Ginsberg."
May on lining papers by Malcolm Cullen.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Wilson, Janet, 1952- illustrator.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0887763898 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|