All night, all day : a child's first book of African-American spirituals / selected and illustrated by Ashley Bryan ; musical arrangements by David Manning Thomas.
- First edition
- New York : Atheneum, 1991. , ©1991
- Musical score
1 score (48 pages) : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- Spirituals (Songs) -- Juvenile.
- Childrens subjects:
- Spirituals (Songs)
- Spirituals (Songs)
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
Canada Ontario Toronto.
- A selection of twenty spirituals, that distinctive music from the time of slavery. Includes piano accompaniment and guitar chords.
- All night, all day
Chatter with the angels
Who's that a-comin' over yonder
Somebody's knocking at your door
This little light of mine
Behold that star
I'm a-going to eat at the welcome table
O when the saints go marching in
I stood on the River of Jordan
Get on board
Peter, go ring the bells
He's got the whole world in his hands
Wade in the water
There's no hiding place
The rocks and the mountains
I'm gonna sing
Open the window, Noah
O won't you sit down
Now let me fly
Great big stars.
- For voice and piano.
Includes chord symbols.
"Copyright ©1991 by Ashley Bryan"--verso of title page.
Coretta Scott King Honor, illustrator, 1992.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy retains dust jacket.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy formerly the property of Twinbrook Library, Rockville, Maryland.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Bryan, Ashley, compiler, illustrator.
Thomas, David Manning, arranger.
Atheneum (New York, N.Y.), publisher.
Collier-Macmillan Ltd., publisher.
Maxwell Macmillan International Publishing Group, publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|