Sister [electronic resource] / Collective Eye Films ; directed & produced by Brenda Davis.
- [Portland, Or.] : [Distributed by] Collective Eye,  , copyright 
1 streaming video file (87 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Maternal health services -- Ethiopia.
Maternal health services -- Cambodia.
Maternal health services -- Haiti.
Mothers -- Mortality.
Infants -- Mortality.
- In Tigrinya, Khmer, Haitian Kreyol and English with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Follows maternal health workers in Ethiopia, Cambodia and Haiti though beautiful and brutal circumstances. A surgical health officer in Ethiopia, a rural midwife in Cambodia, and a traditional birth attendant Haiti work tirelessly to save the lives of women and babies. If there is a war on women, these health workers are the shock troops in their defense. Their stories reveal strategies in place to improve maternal health and the crisis of maternal and newborn mortality, shedding light on when the strategies work, when they don't work and how the lack of transport, communication and education create weak links along the way.
- Director of photography & co-producer, Alexandra Swati Guild ; editor, Alison Shurman ; composer, Andrew Barkan.
- Title from title frames.
Originally produced by: Sister Films, c2012.
Description based on online resource; title from title frames (Docuseek2, viewed January 13, 2014).
- Davis, Brenda (Director) , Director, Producer
Swati Guild, Alexandra. , Cinematographer, Producer
Sister Films. film producer
Collective Eye (Organization), film producer.
- Publisher Number:
- ce-sis-es Docuseek2
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|