Modified [electronic resource] : a food lover's journey into GMOs.
- Other Title:
- Food lover's journey into generically modified organisms
- Collective Eye films, ©2017.
Collective Eye films, ©2017.
1 streaming video file (87 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Food industry and trade.
Food law and legislation.
- System Details:
- "In the award-winning new documentary Modified, the filmmaker and her mother embark on a very personal and poignant investigative journey to find out why genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are not labeled on food products in the United States and Canada, despite being labeled in 64 countries around the world. Interweaving the personal and the political, the film is anchored in the filmmaker's relationship to her mom, a gardener and food activist who battled cancer during the film's production. Their intimate mother-daughter quest for answers, fuelled by a shared love of food, reveals the extent to which the agribusiness industry controls our food policies, making a strong case for a more transparent and sustainable food system. A visual celebration of family legacy and the love of food, cooking, and gardening. Winner of 8 festival awards"--Www.modifiedthefilm.com.
- Written by Aube Giroux ; Original music by Jacques Mindreau ; produced by Aube Giroux, Camelia Frieberg ; directed by Aube Giroux.
- Electronic reproduction. [Portland, OR] : MediaSpace video portal by Kaltura, .
- Library Web
Giroux, Aube, screenwriter, film producer, film director.
Mindreau, Jacques, composer.
Frieberg, Camelia, film producer.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|