Essays on Shakespeare : texts and contexts / by Hema Dahiya.
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2018.
138 pages ; 21 cm
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- This volume highlights new aspects of several of Shakespeare's plays, such as the role of women and the lower classes in the Roman tragedies, holding up a mirror to the powers that be. It also emphasises the role of the early Shakespeare teachers at the first Indian College of Western Education. Even as it offers new perspectives on famous tragedies like Hamlet, Coriolanus, Julius Caesar, and Antony and Cleopatra, the book also includes chapters on topics like Shakespeare's celebrated tree and Cleopatra's enigmatic personality.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|