Mexico: What is the impact of monetary policy on unemployment rates? [electronic resource] / Alejandro Islas C. and Willy Walter Cortez.
- New York : United Nations, 2012.
- Government document
1 online resource (19 pages)
- Local subjects:
- Economic and Social Development
- In this paper we analyse the effects of a monetary policy shock on Mexican unemployment rates. Unlike previous studies, this one re-estimates unemployment to produce alternative rates comparable to those of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (oecd) member countries. We find that in response to tightening monetary policy, unemployment increases with a characteristic hump-shaped pattern also found in other studies. Our results are robust to different assumptions about the nature of Mexico's labour market.
- Title from title screen (viewed May 1, 2017).
- Cortez, Willy Walter.
- Contained In:
- CEPAL Review Vol. 2012, no. 107, p. 183-201
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|