Fieldwork of empire, 1840-1900 [electronic resource] : intercultural dynamics in the production of British expeditionary literature / Adrian S. Wisnicki.
- London : Routledge, 2019.
- Among the Victorians and modernists.
Among the Victorians and Modernists
1 online resource (1 volume)
- English literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
Imperialism in literature.
Africa -- In literature.
Great Britain -- Colonies -- Africa -- History -- 19th century.
Great Britain -- Relations -- Africa.
Africa -- Relations -- Great Britain.
- Adrian S. Wisnicki is an Associate Professor of English at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Faculty Fellow of the university's Center for Digital Research in the Humanities. He holds a Ph.D. in English from the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. He currently directs Livingstone Online (livingstoneonline.org), a major peer-reviewed digital humanities project funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities. Print publications include Conspiracy, Revolution, and Terrorism from Victorian Fiction to the Modern Novel (Routledge, 2008), and articles in Victorian Studies, Studies in Travel Writing, History in Africa, Journal of Colonialism and Colonial History, and elsewhere.
- Cover; Half Title; Series; Title; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; List of Figures; Acknowledgments; Chapter Permissions; Abstracts; Introduction: Intercultural Dynamics in the Expeditionary Field; 1 David Livingstone's Invention of South Central Africa; 2 The Many Maps of the East African Expedition; 3 Writing Over Samuel White Baker's Narratives; 4 Victorian Field Notes From the Lualaba River, Congo; 5 Colonialism Meets Conspiracy in Heart of Darkness; Epilogue: Taking Digital Humanities Research to the Field; Appendix: Glossary of Key Terms; Works Cited; Index
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. London Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (EBSCO, viewed March 21, 2019).
- Taylor & Francis eBooks
- Other format:
- Print version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|