Tudor & Jacobean portraits / Charlotte Bolland.
- Other Title:
- Tudor and Jacobean portraits
- London : National Portrait Gallery,  , ©2018
176 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Portrait painting, English -- 16th century.
Portrait painting, English -- 17th century.
Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Portraits.
Kings and rulers.
Portrait painting, English.
- The Collection of the National Portrait Gallery, London, is renowned for its portraits from the Tudor and Jacobean eras, many of which are on display at the Gallery or at Montacute House, our regional partner in Somerset. This book presents portraits of key individuals from this period, from the monarchs and members of the ruling elite to the writers, artists and artisans that characterised the literary and artistic flourishing of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.0An introductory essay provides important historical context, and the ninety works selected from the collections of the National Portrait Gallery and National Trust are accompanied by extended captions exploring the sitter and artist's significance to the period and technical information about the portrait. The publication features sections on Tudor monarchs, the Stuarts, courtiers, the family in portraiture, and iconography.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 176).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|