Los maestros se visitan / Pedro Figari, Joaquín Torres García, José Gurvich.
- Standardized Title:
- Works. Selections
- Montevideo, Uruguay : Museo Torres García : Museo Gurvich : Museo Figari, 2018.
199 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm.
- Figari, Pedro, 1861-1938 -- Exhibitions.
Torres-García, Joaquín, 1874-1949 -- Exhibitions.
Gurvich, José, 1927-1974 -- Exhibitions.
Artists -- Uruguay -- Exhibitions.
- In Spanish.
- Pedro Figari (b. Uruguay 1861-1938), Joaquin Torres-García (b. Uruguay 1874-1949) and José Gurvich (b. Uruguay 1927-1974) immigrated from Germany in 1932. Three artists, three museums, three simultaneous exhibitions by Torres García, Figari and Gurvich, masters of Uruguayan painting, in an excellent catalog that presents the works exhibited with texts by expert curators. The present museographic proposal involves a triple circulation of contents in the same knowledge route and in the maximum use of patrimonial assets. The three exhibitions are given in unison and offer material, in works and documents, mostly unpublished: the original drawings by Joaquín Torres García for his book La ciudad sin nombre, as well as other exclusive testimonies that reveal the importance of the city in its production "visit" the Gurvich Museum. On the other hand, the drawings that José Gurvich made in New York, Montevideo and in different trips through European cities conform, with their particular modern dynamics, Rhythms of city, giving name to the sample that is offered in the Figari Museum. At the same time, the sketches that Pedro Figari and his son Juan Carlos thought about objects and furniture for everyday use in the city and the Uruguayan countryside "visit" the Torres García Museum with the exhibition Habitat and Utopia.
- Los maestros se visitan
De visitas y relecturas / Maria Julia Muñoz
Pedro Figari: Hábitat y utopía, hacia un diseño integral americano / Pablo Thiago Rocca
Joaquín Torres García: Encuentro con la ciudad. La ciudad sin nombre / Alejandro Diaz Legeard
Josá Gurvich: Ritmos de ciudad / Riccardo Boglione.
- Published on the occasion of the 3 simultaneous exhibitions: "Pedro Figari: Hábitat y utopía" at the Museo Torres García; "Joaquín Torres García: La ciudad sin nombre" at the Museo Gurvich; "José Gurvich: Ritmos de ciudad" at the Museo Figari held in November of 2018 in Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Museo Torres-García, issuing body, host institution.
Museo Gurvich, issuing body, host institution.
Museo Figari, issuing body, host institution.
- Torres-García, Joaquín, 1874-1949, artist. Works. Selections.
Gurvich, José, 1927-1974, artist. Works. Selections.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|