Player, entrepreneur and philanthropist : the story of Edward Alleyn, 1566-1626 / Antonia Southern.
- London ; Washington : Academica Press, 
xvi, 204 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates ; 23 cm
- Alleyn, Edward, 1566-1626.
Alleyn, Edward, 1566-1626.
Actors -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- "Edward Alleyn was a man of many talents and great energy. As an actor he created Christopher Marlow plays and other leading authors of his day. His acting was praised by Queen Elizabeth I herself. From an early age he was determined to make money and succeeded by managing entertainments. He made a fortune and gave it away"-- Provided by publisher.
- Edward Alleyn's start in life
Edward Alleyn and Christopher Marlowe
Edward Alleyn with Lord Strange's Company
Marriage and partnership
The genius of the city
Alleyn as an actor
Master of his majesty's game of bulls, bears and mastiff dogs
The Hope Theatre and Henslowe's will
A new direction
The college of God's gift
The college and second marriage
The statutes and Edward Alleyn's will.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|