Sacred rivers. Episode 3, The Yangtze [electronic resource] / with Simon Reeve ; series producer & director, Dominic Ozanne ; BBC Religion & Ethics production.
- Other Title:
Academic Video Online.
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2014.
1 online resource (51 minutes)
- Yangtze River (China) -- Religious aspects.
Yangtze River (China) -- Description and travel.
China -- Religious life and customs.
- Documentary television programs.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- History, adventure and travelogue combine as Simon Reeve explores three of the world's major rivers: the Nile, Yangtze and Ganges. Through the stories of the people who live alongside these great waterways, he uncovers their vast influence, and reveals how they unite, and divide, some of the most extraordinary parts of the world. Travel from the twin temples of Abu Simbel to the Nile delta; down the Yangtze from the giant Buddha of Leshen to the Three Gorges Dam and on to Shanghai; and along the great mother Ganges in a world caught between ancient traditions and astonishing modernity. Full of wonder and breathtaking, magisterial landscapes, Simon Reeve's Sacred Rivers is a potent mix of revelation and hands-on adventure - a riot of colour, extraordinary spectacle and unexpected encounters.
- Presented by Simon Reeve.
- Title from resource description page (viewed March 06, 2019).
- Ozanne, Dominic, director, producer.
British Broadcasting Corporation, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|