Seven wonders of the industrial world. The line [electronic resource] / written and directed by Paul Bryers ; a BBC/TLC co-production ; series producer, Deborah Cadbury.
- Other Title:
- Transcontinental Railway
7 wonders of the industrial world
Academic Video Online.
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2003.
1 online resource (50 minutes)
- Railroads -- History -- United States.
Railroad engineering -- History -- United States.
- Historical reenactments (Television programs)
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- An encounter with the most brilliant pioneers of the industrial age. Recreating their stories of burning ambition, extravagant dreams, passion and rivalry as great minds clashed, this programme delves into the history of seven epic monuments spanning the industrial revolution. Using spectacular CGI, the seven stories that are revealed here are: the SS Great Eastern; the London sewer system; the Bell Rock Lighthouse; the US Transcontinental Railway; the Panama Canal; the Hoover Dam; and the Brooklyn Bridge. By the middle of the 19th century, the benefits brought by the host of advances of the industrial age were gradually beginning to reach America, which soon developed a spectacular achievement of its own - the Transcontinental Railway, reaching right across the continent. With two teams, one building from the east and the other from California in the west, they battled against hostile terrain, hostile inhabitants, civil war and the Wild West. Yet in 1869, the two teams' tracks were joined, shrinking the whole American continent, as the journey from New York to San Francisco was reduced from months to days.
- Narrated by Robert Lindsay.
- Title from resource description page (viewed March 06, 2019).
- Bryers, Paul, director.
Cadbury, Deborah, producer.
British Broadcasting Corporation, production company.
Learning Channel (Firm), production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|