Marketplace Africa. , May 6, 2016 [electronic resource] / [produced by Cable News Network].
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Atlanta, GA : CNN Newsource Sales, 2016.
1 online resource (11 minutes)
- Beer industry -- Ethiopia.
Beer -- Ethiopia -- Marketing.
Private equity -- Kenya -- Nairobi.
Ethiopia -- Economic conditions -- 21st century.
- Television news programs.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- IN FOCUS: ETHIOPIA BEER INDUSTRY. As more and more Ethiopians see increases in their disposable incomes, so too grows the country's beer industry and nightlife. Take Diageo, a global brewing company, which in 2012 joined nine other beer companies competing for market share in Ethiopia. One of the major obstacles to growth is access to one of beer's main ingredients, malted barley, much of which is currently imported. However, Diageo has pledged to source 100% of its barley from local farmers by the end of 2017. Find out what that company and other industry leaders are doing to increase Ethiopia's per capita consumption of alcohol. FACE TIME: WAHID HAMID, PARTNER, THE ABRAAJ GROUP. With a footprint in emerging markets, the Abraaj Group is a private equity firm with its Africa hub in Nairobi, Kenya. In 2015, the company raised nearly $1.4 billion to invest in Africa. CNN's Eleni Giokos sits down with Wahid Hamid, a partner with the Abraaj Group, in Davos, Switzerland, to discuss the group's investment plans on the continent and how he determines what makes a project bankable.
- Reporters: Zain Asher, Eleni Giokos.
- Title from resource description page (viewed March 19, 2019).
- Cable News Network, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|