Marketplace Africa. , February 12, 2016 [electronic resource] / [produced by Cable News Network].
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [Atlanta, Georgia] : CNN Newsource Sales, 2016.
1 online resource (11 minutes)
- Art auctions -- Kenya -- Nairobi.
Art as an investment.
Art, African -- Marketing.
- Television news programs.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- IN FOCUS: KENYA AUCTION HOUSE. Interest in the emerging East African art scene is developing rapidly within Africa and abroad. Some of the most prominent growth can be seen at the Circle Art Auction in Nairobi, Kenya. Circle Art Auction is East Africa's only contemporary art auction. Since its founding in 2012, the auction house has seen an increasing number of bidders willing to pay higher prices for pieces. Marketplace Africa looks at how public and private interests are fueling the growing demand for art out of countries like Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya. FACE TIME: OKWUI ENWEZOR - CURATOR AND DIRECTOR, VENICE BIENNALE. Nigerian Okwui Enwezor is the first African to direct the Venice Biennale - one of Europe's most prestigious art exhibitions. The 2014 ArtReview listed him as the 24th most powerful individual within the art world. CNN's Rosie Tomkins sits down with Enwezor to talk about the increasing presence of African art on the international art market.
- Reporters: Zain Asher, Rosie Tomkins.
- Title from resource description page (viewed March 19, 2019).
- Cable News Network, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|