Claudia Andujar : a luta Yanomami / organização de Thyago Nogueira.
- Standardized Title:
- Photographs. Selections
- Other Title:
- Luta Yanomami
- São Paulo : IMS,  , ©2018.
336 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), 1 map, portraits ; 31 cm
- Andujar, Claudia, 1931-, -- Exhibitions.
Andujar, Claudia, 1931- -- Catalogs.
Photography, Artistic -- Exhibitions.
- Texts in Portuguese and Englsih.
- Claudia Andujar (b. 1931) is a Swiss-born Brazilian photographer and has lived in Brazil since 1955. Taking over two floors of the cultural center, the exhibition features around 300 works and one installation by the photographer and activist, in addition to books and documents. The setup offers a panorama of Andujar¿s work dedicated to the Yanomami, bringing up little-known aspects of her trajectory and her fight for the demarcation of Native Brazilian lands, a confluence of art and politics. The exhibition follows the work of Andujar from the beginning, showing the photographs produced between 1971 and 1977 in the Catrimani region of Roraima. They are records of daily activities in the forest and maloca, shamanic rituals, individuals. It also reveals the photographer's struggle to protect the people who, between the 1970's and 1980's, ran the risk of disappearing from the diseases, violence and pollution caused by mining and Amazonian development plans during the military government. Another highlight of the show is a new version of the installation: "Genocidio do Yanomami: morte do Brasil" (Yanomami Genocide: death of Brazil, 1989/2018), an audiovisual manifesto that presents a retrospective of Andujar's work, including photos taken between 1972 and 1984.
- Catrimani, RR (1971-1977)
Consequenciasdo Contato (1974-1993)
Genocidio do Yanomami: morte do Brasil (1989-2018)
Relacão: Homem pra homem / Claudia Andujar
Un mundo cujo nome e floresta / Bruce Albert
Claudia Andujar : A luta Yanomami
Cronologia / Jan Rocha
Mapa da Terra Indigena Yanomami no Brasil
Legendas e fontes dos textos.
- Cover title.
Published on the occasion of the exhibition held at the Instituto Moreira Salles, Rio de Janeiro, Dec 15, 2018 - Apr 7, 2019.
- Nogueira, Thyago, organizer.
Instituto Moreira Salles, host institution.
Nogueira, Thyago, editori.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|