Votes for women! : a portrait of persistence / Kate Clarke Lemay ; with Susan Goodier, Martha S. Jones, and Lisa Tetrault.
- Princeton, New Jersey : Princeton University Press, 
xi, 289 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), portraits (chiefly color), map ; 28 cm
- Women -- Suffrage -- United States -- History.
Suffragists -- United States -- History.
Women's rights -- United States -- History.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1832-1965.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- "Marking the centenary of the ratification of the Nineteenth Amendment in 1920, Votes for Women celebrates past efforts while looking toward what actions we might take in the future to further support women's equality"--Introduction.
- Director's foreword / Kim Saget
Introduction / Kate Clarke Lemay
To fight by remembering, or the making of Seneca Falls / Lisa Tetrault
The politics of black womanhood, 1848-2008 / Martha S. Jones
A woman's place: organized resistance to the franchise / Susan Goodier
"Où sont les dames?" Suffragists and the American women's oversea hospitals unit in France during World War I / Kate Clarke Lemay
Catalogue / Kate Clarke Lemay: Radical women, 1832-1869
Women activists, 1870-1892
The new woman, 1893-1912
Compelling tactics, 1913-1916
Militancy in the American suffragists movement, 1917-1919
The Nineteenth Amendment and its legacy, 1920 to today.
- "Published to accompany the exhibition Votes for Women: A Portrait of Persistence at the National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C. (March 1, 2019-January 5, 2020)"--Colophon.
Includes bibliographic references (pages 232-267) and index.
- Goodier, Susan, author.
Jones, Martha S., author.
Tetrault, Lisa, author.
National Portrait Gallery (Smithsonian Institution), hosting institution.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|