Moral problems : a collection of philosophical essays / edited by James Rachels.
- New York : Harper & Row, 
x, 390 pages ; 21 cm
- Social ethics.
- Abortion: The morality of abortion, by P. Ramsey. The problem of abortion and the doctrine of double effect, by P. Foot. Whatever the consequences, by J. Bennett.
Sex: Sexual perversion, by T. Nagel. On sexual morality, by S. Ruddick.
Human rights and civil disobedience: Rights, human rights, and racial discrimination, by R. Wasserstrom. The justification of civil disobedience, by J. Rawls. Law and civil disobedience, by R.M. Dworkin.
Criminal punishment: The responsibility of criminals, by W. Kneale. Murder and the principles of punishment, England and the United States, by H.L.A. Hart. Or else, by J.R. Lucas.
Violence and pacifism: What violence is, by N. Garver. Pacifism, a philosophical analysis, by J. Narveson.
War: War and murder, by G.E.M. Anscombe. On the morality of war, a preliminary inquiry, by R. Wasserstrom. Peace, by R.M. Hare.
Suicide and death: Suicide, by R.F. Holland. Death, by T. Nagel. Death, by M. Mothersill.
Bibliography (p. 386-390).
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 386-390).
- Rachels, James, 1941-2003, editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Rachels, James, 1941-2003. Moral problems.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|