Early modern Ireland : new sources, methods, and perspectives / edited by Sarah Covington, Vincent P. Carey and Valerie McGowan-Doyle.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 
- Countries in the Early Modern World
xxv, 346 pages : illustrations, maps : 25 cm.
- Ireland -- History -- 16th century.
Ireland -- History -- 17th century.
Ireland -- Historiography.
Ireland -- History -- Sources.
- "Early Modern Ireland: New Sources, Methods, and Perspectives offers fresh approaches and case studies that push the field of early modern Ireland, and of British and European history more generally, into unexplored directions. Provoking a reevaluation of the terms and assumptions which have been used to describe Ireland's past, and a consideration of the new directions in which the study of early modern Ireland could be taken, Early Modern Ireland: New Sources, Methods, and Perspectives is the perfect collection for students and scholars studying early modern Irish history"-- Provided by publisher.
- Forward: New directions for early modern Ireland / Nicholas Canny
Introduction: The past, present and future of early modern Ireland / Sarah Covington, Vincent Carey and Valerie McGowan-Doyle
Writing the social and cultural history of Ireland, 1550-1660: wills as example and inspiration / Clodagh Tait
"I doe add this treatise, as a supplement of mine owne experience" : subjectivity and life-writing in early modern Ireland / Marie-Louise Coolahan
Clerical wives in Tudor and early Stuart Ireland / Bronagh McShane
Making early modern Irish studies Irish? Teaching, learning and researching early modern Irish in a digital age / Brendan Kane
Bardic close reading / Sarah E. McKibben
Nation as pobal in seventeenth-century Irish / Peter McQuillan
Munster and India: the local and global in early modern Ireland / Marc Caball
Questioning the viceroys: towards a new model of English government in Tudor Ireland, 1536-1594 / David Edwards
"[T]hey doo nowe resort to the fountaine heade" : the palesmen's petitions during the Nine Years War, 1594-1603 / Ruth A. Canning
Institutional history and the early modern Irish state / Coleman A. Dennehy
The history of medicine in early modern Ireland: some research problems and opportunities / John Cunninghan
Dung-beetles and the vulgar traditions: applying folkloric sources and methods to early modern Ireland
Barbarisme and obdurate wilfulnesse: agricultural materialism, animal welfare and Irish studies / Willy Maley
Archaeologies of early modern Ireland: crossing the disciplinary divide / Dr James Lyttleton
Climate, debt and conflict: environmental history as a new direction in understanding early modern Ireland / Francis Ludlow and Arlene Crampsie
Mapping the past: geographical information systems and the exploitation of linked historical data / Micheál Siochrú and David Brown
Afterword: Revising anew early modern Irish history / Jane Ohlmeyer.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Covington, Sarah, 1965- editor.
Carey, Vincent, editor.
McGowan-Doyle, Valerie, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|