The works of Mr. Alexander Pope.
- Other Title:
- Works of Mister Alexander Pope
Half-title: Works of Mr. Pope
Works of Mister Pope
- London : Printed by W. Bowyer, for Bernard Lintot between the Temple-Gates, 1717.
, 435,  p.,  folded leaf of plates : port. ; 29 cm (4to)
- r.ch d.t- e?y, AnBu (3) 1717 (A)
- Statius, Publius Papinius. Thebaid -- Tanslations into English -- Early works to 1800.
Ovid, 43 B.C.-17 A.D. or 18 A.D. Metamorphoses -- Translations into English -- Early works to 1800.
Homer -- Translations into English -- Early works to 1800.
Latin literature -- Translations into English -- Early works to 1800.
Latin poetry -- Translations into English -- Early works to 1800.
Greek poetry -- Translations into English -- Early works to 1800.
English poetry -- 18th century -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
Essay on criticism
The rape of the lock
The temple of fame
- Signatures: [A]⁴ a-c⁴ B-N⁴ O⁴(±O2) P-3I⁴ 3K².
Leaf B1 is unsigned; leaf O2 is a cancel.
Engraved title vignette (lyre with two trumpets), portrait (frontispiece plate signed: Geo. Vertue sculpsit), initials, head- and tail-pieces.
Type ornament head- and tail-pieces.
Title in red and black within border of double rules.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2018 from Peter Jones (eBay seller).
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC T5385
Griffith, R.H. Alexander Pope, 79-81
Maslen & Lancaster. Bowyer ledgers, 385
- Bowyer, William, 1663-1737, printer.
Lintot, Bernard, publisher.
Vertue, George, 1684-1756, engraver.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|