Fables / written and illustrated by Arnold Lobel.
- [1st HarperTrophy edition]
- [New York] : HarperTrophy a division of HarperCollins Publishers, [1983, © 1980].
, 40,  pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Fables, American.
Children's stories, American.
- Childrens subjects:
- Anmals -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- The crocodile in the bedroom
The ducks and the fox
King Lion and the beetle
The lobster and the crab
The hen and the apple tree
The baboon's umbrella
The frogs at the rainbow's end
The bear and the crow
The cat and his visions
The ostrich in love
The camel dances
The poor old dog
Madame Rhinoceros and her dress
The bad kangaroo
The pig at the candy store
The elephant and his son
The pelican and the crane
The young rooster
The hippopotamus at dinner
The mouse at the seashore.
- "First Harper Trophy edition, 1983."
"Typography design by Kohar Alexanian."
"Set in 12/16 Linoetype Electra, with display in foundry Caslon Open and Caslon No. 540."
Winner of the Caldecott Medal.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy has reproduction of "The Caldecott Medal" sticker on front cover and "Winner of the Caldecott Medal" printed at head.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0064430464 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|