Free fall / [presented by] MTV Rt. and BBS ; director, Péter Forgács.
- Other Title:
- Private Hungary. Part 10, Free fall
- [Budapest] : For-Creation, Bt. [distributor], 1996.
- Private Hungary series.
Private Hungary series, Part X, Private war/II
1 videodisc (79 min.) : sound, black and white with color sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Families -- Hungary.
Jews -- Hungary -- Biography.
National socialism -- Hungary.
Antisemitism -- Hungary.
Amateur films -- Hungary.
Szeged (Hungary) -- Social life and customs.
Hungary -- Social conditions -- 1918-1945.
Hungary -- History -- 1918-1945.
Manners and customs.
Hungary -- Szeged.
- In English and some Hungarian; voiceovers and intertites in English.
- System Details:
- DVD-R; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation.
full screen (1.33:1)
video file DVD-R
- Beginning in 1938 through home movies taken by musician and businessman György Petõ, shows how this Hungarian Jewish family from the city of Szeged, suppressed the fearful signs of threatening evidences of forthcoming massacre. As the illusions of this Jewish Hungarian family are eroded step-by-step, their happy, banal moments are framed against a recitation of anti-Jewish laws in Hungary during the Nazi era and descriptions of the deportation of Hungarian Jews.
- Narrator: Péter Forgács; voices: Ildiko Fodor, András Soós, Bea Szemzõ, Tibor Szemzõ.
"János Pilinszky recites his own poems."--Closing credits.
- Research, editor, Péter Forgács; music, Tibor Szemzõ.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1996.
- Forgács, Péter, film director, researcher, editor of moving image work, actor.
Szemző, Tibor, composer (expression), actor.
Petõ, György, filmmaker.
Balázs Béla Stúdió, film production company.
Magyar Televízió, film production company.
For-Creation, Bt. (Firm), publisher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|