The complete herbal : to which is now added, upwards of one hundred additional herbs, with a display of their medicinal and occult qualities physically applied to the cure of all disorders incident to mankind : to which are now first annexed, The English physician enlarged, and Key to physic : with rules for compounding medicine according to the true system of nature : forming a complete family dispensatory and natural system of physic / by Nicholas Culpeper, M.D. ; to which is also added, upwards of fifty choice receipts, selected from the author's last legacy to his wife.
- Standardized Title:
- English physitian
- A new edition, with a list of the principal diseases to which the human body is liable, and a general index illustrated by engravings of numerous British herbs and plants, correctly coloured from nature.
- London : Virtue & Co., [1850?]
v, 398 p., , 20 leaves of plates : col. ill., port. ; 29 cm.
- Botany, Medical.
Materia medica, Vegetable.
Herbs -- Therapeutic use.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Originally published in London, 1652, under the title: The English physician. The English physician enlarged was originally published in London, 1653. Cf. Hunt Cat., no. 491, 711 for 1733 and 1790 editions.
Frontispiece is engraved portrait of the author.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2019 by Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg.
RBC copy has bookseller's typescript description of this copy in Italian laid in; advertisement for Libreria Antiquaria Michelotti laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Schoenberg, Barbara Brizdle (donor) (RBC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|