Picture window / Caroline Walker ; essay and interview, Marco Livingstone ; further contributions, Rina Arya, Lauren Elkin, Andrew Nairne.
- Standardized Title:
- Works. Selections
- Other Title:
- Caroline Walker : Picture window
- London : Anomie Publishing, 2018.
311 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 29 cm
- Walker, Caroline 1982-
Walker, Caroline, 1982- -- Criticism and interpretation.
Women in art.
Women in art.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Celebrated for her beautiful, sometimes playful yet often challenging and complex paintings of contemporary women in diverse architectural settings, both interior and exterior, Caroline Walker's practice explores the myriad social, cultural, economic, racial and political factors that affect women's lives today. From the luxurious hotels and private homes typical of Los Angeles and Palm Springs to the temporary social housing of female asylum seekers arriving in Europe from Africa and Asia, from the nail bars of London to the private pools and nighttime parties of the European elite, Walker deftly broaches both everyday and more provocative subjects ranging from the pay gap to migrant workforces, the beauty industry to domestic roles, gender stereotypes to ageism. By addressing such themes and through her painterly virtuosity, Walker is rapidly establishing herself as one of the leading British painters of her generation.0The publication features both a significant newly commissioned essay and an in-depth interview with the artist by art historian Marco Livingstone - a leading authority on contemporary art with a particular interest in Pop Art and figurative painting. Together, these two texts offer a comprehensive overview of the subjects, themes and approaches, both conceptually and in terms of technique, that have come to define Walker's oeuvre.
- A painter of modern life / essay by Marco Livingstone
Service / introductory text by Dr Lauren Elkin
Home / introductory text by Andrew Nairne
Painted ladies / introductory text by Dr Rina Arya
Exchanging confidences / conversation between Marco Livingstone and Caroline Walker
Oil on paper
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Livingstone, Marco, writer of supplementary textual content, interviewer.
Elkin, Lauren, writer of added commentary.
Nairne, Andrew, writer of added commentary.
Arya, Rina, writer of added commentary.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|