The ultimate Gullah cookbook : a taste of food, history and culture from the Gullah people / Jesse Edward Gantt, Jr., Veronica Davis Gerald.
- [Beaufort, S.C.] : Sands Publishing., 2002.
123,  pages,  pages of color plates : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Gullah cooking.
- Place of Publication:
- United States South Carolina Beaufort.
- Introduction. Back in the day; Gullah origins; Speaking Gullah; When rice was king; Workin da rice fields; Gullah food; Slave cooks; Gullah taste; Gullah luv; The rice pot; Cooking in one pot
Poultry and other meats: Chitlins on the Gullah table
- Plates included in page count.
"San # 255-5948"
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gerald, Veronica Davis, author.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|