Cooking / Angela Shelf Medearis and Michael R. Medearis.
- First Edition
- New York : Twenty-First Century Books a division of Henry Holt and Company, .
- African-American arts.
80 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm.
- African American cooking -- History -- Juvenile literature.
African American cooking.
- Childrens subjects:
- African American cooking -- History.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Introduces the influence of African-based foods, cooking techniques, and traditions to American culinary history.
- African origins of food and cooking
The impact of slavery
Creole, French, and Cajun cooking
Contributions to agriculture
The art of modern cooking
African and African-American recipes.
- "First Edition-1997."
"Designed by Kelly Soong."
Includes bibliographical references (page 75) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Medearis, Michael, author.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)