A taste of heritage : the new African-American cuisine / Chef Joe Randall & Toni Tipton-Martin.
- [New York], USA : Macmillan, .
xvii, , 334 pages : portraits ; 24 cm
- African American cooking.
African American cooking.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Collection of three hundred recipes that represent the flavors and techniques that are typical of contemporary African-American cooking.
- Chapter 1 Appetizers and Starters
Chapter 2 Gumbos, Stews, and Soups
Chapter 3 Salads and Dressings
Chapter 4 Vegetables and Accompaniments
Chapter 5 Breakfast and Lunch Dishes
Chapter 6 Fish and Shellfish
Chapter 7 Poultry and Wild Game
Chapter 8 Beef, Lamb, Veal, and Pork
Chapter 9 Breads, Rolls, and Biscuits
Chapter 10 Cakes, Pies, and Desserts
Chapter 11 Wines and Extras
Chapter 12 The Basics: Stocks, Sauces, and Gravies
Menu Suggestions from Chef Randall
Featured Chefs: Their Menus, Recipes, and Stories.
- Includes index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy inscribed "To Joanna. Best wishes and best regards. Thank you for all your support. Always in cookin'. Chef Joe Randall 2/5/98". Indecipherable signature on title page dated 1996.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (inscription) (Banks Collection copy)
Randall, Joe (autograph) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Tipton-Martin, Toni, author.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)