Grace the table : stories & recipes from my southern revival / by Alexander Smalls with Hettie Jones.
- [First Edition[
- [New York] : HarperCollinsPublishers, [©1997].
xxi, , 298 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Cooking, American -- Southern style.
Cooking -- South Carolina -- Spartanburg.
Cooking, American -- Southern style.
South Carolina -- Spartanburg.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Smalls, the father of southern revival cooking and owner of the acclaimed Cafe Beulah, pens an atmosphiric memoir rich with stories about the joys of food, music, and life and liberally spinkled with his world-class recipes.
- I. Sparkle City, U.S.A.
II. Other Cities, Many Tables
III. Small Miracle.
- "Designed by Laura Lindgren."
Foreword (pages ix-xii) by Wynton Marsalis.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Jones, Hettie, author.
Marsalis, Wynton, 1961- writer of introduction.
Lindgren, Laura, designer.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0060174870 :