Open house : recipes & food memories from the culinary community for the National Alliance to End Homelessness.
- Memphis, Tenn. : Tradery House, ©1993.
256 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Cooking, American.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Tennesee Memphis.
- Prologue. "Stone Soup People"
Appetizers. "Breakfast with Grandmother" by Nancy McDermott
Salads & Dressings. "17th Century Harvest Supper" by Daphne Derven
Soups & Stews. "A Black Creole Christmas" by Leah Chase
Pasta, Rice & Eggs. "District Meeting with Grandma in Minnesota" by Janeen Sarlin
Meats. "Rose Scented Holidays with Nana and Poppy" by Mark Payne
Seafood & Fish. "Dancing for Supper" by Thelma Spurlock
Poultry. "Quantico Revisited" by Robert Egger
Vegetables. "A Surprise Party from Mom" by Charlotte Lyons
Breads. "In Search of Mrs. Grimes' Cookies" by Christie Hauck
Epilogue. " Opening the House".
- "Nancy Cheairs, Artist; Jessica B. Harris, Consultant; Judy Griffith Ransom, Writer; Terrance Wimmer, Photographer."
"The signature recipes of the chefs and food professionals appear alongside favorite recipes contributed by the membership of the National Alliance."
Contains food memories, messages, poetry and photographs.
Issued in comb binding.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cheairs, Nancy, illustrator.
Ransom, Judy Griffith, writer.
Harris, Jessica B., consultant.
National Alliance to End Homelessness.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|