Not in front of the grown-ups : subversive children's literature / Alison Lurie.
- Other Title:
- Don't tell the grown-ups
- London : Sphere Books Ltd., .
- Cardinal book.
A Cardinal Book
255,  pages ; 20 cm
- Children -- Books and reading.
Children's literature, English -- History and criticism.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Subversive children's literature
Fairy tale fiction: Fitzgerald to Updike
Braking for elves: fashionable folklore for adults
The child who followed the piper: Kate Greenaway
Tales of terror: Mrs. Clifford
Ford Madox Ford's fairy tales
Animal liberation: Beatrix Potter
Modern magic: E. Nesbit
The boy who couldn't grown up: James Barrie
Happy endings: Frances Hodgson Burnett
Back to Pooh corner: A. A. Milne
Heroes for our time: J. R. R. Tolkien and T. H. White
The power of Smokey: Richard Adams
Games of dark: William Mayne
The folklore of childhood.
- Originally published in the United States under title: Don't tell the grown-ups.
"First published in Great Britain in 1990 by Bloomsbury Publishing Ltd. This edition published in Cardinal by Sphere Books 1991."
Publisher's advertisements:  page at end.
Includes bibliographical references (pages -248) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy has embossed stamp of "JB Library of Joanna Banks".
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (stamp) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|