Orphans / Channel Four Films presents ; in association with the National Lottery, the Glasgow Film Fund, the Scottish Arts Council ; an Antonine Green Bridge Production ; produced by Frances Higson ; written & directed by Peter Mullan.
- [United Kingdom] : Film Four Limited, 2010.
1 videodisc (approximately 98 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Grief -- Drama.
Mother and child -- Drama.
Rainstorms -- Drama.
Mother and child.
- Comedy films.
Motion pictures, Great Britain.
- In English.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, PAL, Region 2; widescreen (1.66:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital.
digital optical Dolby Digital
video file DVD-R video region 2
- During a violent rainstorm, four siblings, who are brought together at their mother's death, are propelled into a comical nightmare of absurd mishaps and bittersweet mayhem.
- Douglas Henshall, Gary Lewis, Rosemarie Stevenson, Stephen McCole, Ann Swan.
- Director of photography, Grant Scott Cameron; editor, Colin Monie; music, Craig Armstrong; costume designer, Lynn Aikken; production designer, Campbell Gordon.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1997.
Stated duration of film on container is 102 minutes.
Venice Film Festival: 1998, 'Cult Network Italia' Prize (Peter Mullan); Isvema Award (Peter Mullan); Kodak Award (Peter Mullan); Prix Pierrot (Peter Mullan)
Paris Film Festival: 1999, Grand Prix (Peter Mullan)
Gijón International Film Festival: 1998, Best Actor (Gary Lewis); Grand Prix Asturias (Best Feature) (Peter Mullan)
- Higson, Frances, film producer.
Mullan, Peter, film director, screenwriter.
Henshall, Douglas, 1965- actor.
Lewis, Gary, 1946- actor.
Stevenson, Rosemarie, actor.
McCole, Stephen, actor.
Swan, Ann, actor.
Cameron, Grant, cinematographer.
Monie, Colin, editor of moving image work.
Armstrong, Craig, composer (expression)
Aitken, Lynn, costumer.
Gordon, Campbell, production designer.
Antoinine Green Bridge (Firm), film production company.
Great Britain. Office of the National Lottery. film production company.
Glasgow Film Fund, film production company.
Scottish Arts Council, film production company.
Channel Four Films (Firm), presenter.
FilmFour (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|