Treating Health Care [electronic resource] : How the Canadian System Works and How It Could Work Better / Raisa Deber.
- Toronto : University of Toronto Press, 
- UTP Insights
1 online resource
- Health care reform -- Canada.
Medical care -- Canada.
Medical policy -- Canada.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Canada has been among the world leaders in recognizing the multiple factors that impact health. Focusing on Canada's health care system, Raisa B. Deber provides brief descriptions of some key facts and concepts necessary to understand health care policy in Canada and place it in an international context. An accessible guide, Treating Health Care unpacks key concepts to provide informed discussions that help us understand and diagnose Canada's health care system and to clarify which proposed changes are likely to improve it - and which are not. This book provides background information to clarify such concepts as: determinants of health; how health systems are organized and financed (including international comparisons); health economics; health ethics; and roles and responsibilities of different stakeholders, including government, providers, and patients. It then addresses some key issues, including equity, efficiency, access and wait times, quality improvement and patient safety, and coverage and payment models. Using analysis rather than advocacy, Deber provides a toolkit to help understand health care and health policy.
List of Abbreviations
INTRODUCTION. Health Care in Canada: What Works? What Needs to Be Done?
CHAPTER ONE. Defining Our Terms: What Is Health Policy? What Is Health?
CHAPTER TWO. What Is Health Care?
CHAPTER THREE. How Is Health Care Paid For and Delivered?
CHAPTER FOUR. How Does Canada Do It?
CHAPTER FIVE. Health Care in Canada: International Comparisons
CHAPTER SIX. How Should We Decide What Is Worth Paying For?
CHAPTER SEVEN. Pressing Issues
CHAPTER EIGHT. Treating Health Care: How Can We Make It Better? What Might Make It Worse?
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 19. Feb 2019)
- De Gruyter.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.3138/9781487513450 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|