The Innovation Navigator [electronic resource] : Transforming Your Organization in the Era of Digital Design and Collaborative Culture / Tucker Marion, Sebastian Fixson.
- Toronto : University of Toronto Press, 
- Rotman-UTP Publishing
1 online resource
- Organizational change.
- Local subjects:
- capabilities. (search)
corporate entrepreneurship. (search)
digital design. (search)
open innovation. (search)
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Innovation is a top strategic priority for firms across all industries. In The Innovation Navigator, Tucker J. Marion and Sebastian K. Fixson explore four innovation archetypes or modes - "specialist," "venture," "community," and "network" - which feature prominently in the expanding innovation landscape. Specialists employ technologies to achieve entirely new solutions and superior product performance. New corporate ventures lower the barriers for employees to self-select into entrepreneurial projects, while reducing the constraints of bureaucracy. The community brings new sources of knowledge by expanding past the firm's boundaries, dramatically increasing the number of participants. The network creates partnerships and ecosystems that create innovations that could not be developed by individual companies alone. The Innovation Navigator guides the reader in exploring and exploiting these different modes of innovation. Individual chapters provide key insights into the inherent opportunities and challenges from a number of vantage points: from the impact on organizational resources to the role of incentives. The book also provides a framework for how firms can leverage dynamic mode shifts and multimode strategies. Firms across the industrial spectrum are profiled, from new additive manufacturing companies such as Formlabs, community-based solution providers like Forth, to traditional firms exploring new modes like GE Appliances and their FirstBuild initiative. The Innovation Navigator will assist executives in building the capabilities for peak performance in this new innovation landscape.
Foreword / Fulop, Ric
1. The Calm Waters of the Past: Managing Innovation in Organizations in the Twentieth Century
2. Technological and Social Change Create the "Perfect Storm" for Innovation
3. The Four Modes of Innovation in the Digital Era
4. The Specialist Mode
5. The Venture Mode
6. The Community Mode
7. The Network Mode
8. The Multimode Organization
Conclusions and Thoughts on the Future
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 19. Feb 2019)
- Fixson, Sebastian, author.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.3138/9781487512514 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|