Written exposure therapy for PTSD [electronic resource] : a brief treatment approach for mental health professionals / by Denise M. Sloan and Brian P. Marx.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, 2019.
1 online resource (xiii, 115 pages)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder -- Treatment.
- Medical subjects:
- Implosive Therapy -- methods
Stress Disorders, Post-Traumatic -- therapy
- System Details:
- data file
- "Written exposure therapy (WET) is a brief five-session treatment developed to meet the need for alternative PTSD treatments that are brief and do not require extensive provider training. It is cost-efficient and requires little clinical training compared with other interventions, and it has proven to be effective at treating different types of trauma. This book was written as a comprehensive WET treatment manual for mental health practitioners. Chapter 1 describes contemporary theories underlying currently available evidence-based PTSD psychotherapies, highlight the common elements of these approaches, and describe how these theories apply to WET. Chapter 2 discusses the research conducted to better understand the necessary and sufficient components of PTSD treatment and how this work culminated in the development of the WET protocol. Chapter 3 focuses on assessing whether a patient has PTSD and determining whether WET is an appropriate treatment. Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive description of the WET protocol and how it should be delivered. Chapter 5 answers frequently asked questions by clinicians regarding the use and delivery of WET."--Preface. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2019 APA, all rights reserved).
Overview of PTSD and trauma-focused interventions
Development and efficacy findings of written exposure therapy
Assessing PTSD before beginning written exposure therapy
Delivery of written exposure therapy and special considerations
Frequently asked questions about delivering written exposure therapy
Appendix: Written exposure therapy script
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2019.
Description based on print version record.
- Marx, Brian P., author.
- Other format:
- Online version: Written exposure therapy for PTSD
- 9781433830129 (print ed.)
1433830124 (print ed.)
9781433830136 (electronic bk.)
1433830132 (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|