The state and politics in Japan / Ian Neary.
- Second edition.
- Cambridge ; Medford, MA : Polity Press, 
viii, 280 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm
- Japan -- Politics and government -- 1868-
Politics and government.
- "In this fully revised and updated second edition of his classic text, Ian Neary explores the dynamics of democracy in Japan, introducing the key institutions, developments and actors in its politics from the end of the Second World War to the present day."--Provided by publisher.
- Japanese politics from Meiji to early Showa
Japan's occupation and aftermath
the rise and fall of the 1955 system
Hosokawa to Abe
from system breakdown to revitalising Japan
The Diet: Japan's parliament
Bureaucratic structures and their reform
Foreign and security policy
From pollution control to an environment policy
Social welfare policies
- Includes bibliography (pages 265-272) and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Neary, Ian, author. State and politics in Japan
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|