Alfonso X, the Justinian of his age : law and justice in thirteenth-century Castile / Joseph F. O'Callaghan.
- Ithaca, New York : Cornell University Press, 2019. , ©2019
xiii, 374 pages ; 24 cm
- Alfonso X, King of Castile and Leon, 1221-1284 -- Influence.
Alfonso X, King of Castile and Leon, 1221-1284.
Law -- Spain -- Castile -- History -- To 1500.
Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)
Spain -- Castile.
- "A examination of Alfonso X, who created a Libro de las leyes, the Siete Partidas, a code of law that has had an enduring impact on the development of law and institutions over the centuries not only in the Iberian Peninsula but also throughout the Spanish-speaking world"-- Provided by publisher.
- El rey sabio
The lawgiver and the law
Creating a dynasty
The king and his people
Defender of the faith
The defense of the realm
Litigants, judges, and lawyers
The judicial process
Marriage, family, and inheritance
The law of persons
The law of property
Trade and commerce
Crime and punishment
The law of the non-Christian peoples
The juridical achievement of Alfonso X.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 321-361) and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: O'Callaghan, Joseph F., author. Alfonso X, the Justinian of his age
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|