Johnson & Johnsons recall headaches [electronic resource] : facing familiar challenges in a new era / Mariana Fonseca, Matt Kelly, Brian Sweet, James S. O'Rourke.
- Other Title:
- Johnson and Johnsons recall headaches
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017.
- SAGE Knowledge. Cases.
SAGE Knowledge. Cases
1 online resource : illustrations.
- Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products.
- On September 16, 2010, amidst a congressional inquiry into numerous product recalls over the past 15 months, Johnson & Johnsons Chairman of the Consumer Group, Colleen Goggins, announced her retirement. With the bulk of the recall focused on their flagship product, Tylenol, the tendency was to compare these with the famous recall in 1982, which cemented the publics trust in the company. Unfortunately, that trust has eroded because of their reaction to the numerous current product issues. When it was revealed that subcontractors had secretly bought back Motrin off the shelves without notifying the public that something was wrong with it, J&J found itself with a much larger issue than just public dismay. This phantom recall had compelled FDA regulators to call upon its crime unit to investigate whether or not these actions by Johnson & Johnson constitute criminal behavior.
- Originally published: Fonseca, M., Kelly, M., Sweet, B., & ORourke, J. S. (2010). Johnson & Johnsons recall headaches: Facing familiar challenges in a new era. 10-11. Notre Dame, IN: The Eugene D. Fanning Center for Business Communication, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame.
Description based on XML content.
- Kelly, Matt, author.
Sweet, Brian, author.
O'Rourke, James S., 1946- author.
- 9781526405203 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|